Plant Operators (General Assistants)
Closing: Thursday 30th June 2022
£24,173 per annum plus overtime and benefits
Who are we?
The Bristol Port Company is a privately owned business that operates a 2,600-acre freehold estate at Avonmouth and Royal Portbury Docks and handles one of the largest diversities of trades in the UK. Since 1991 The Bristol Port Company has invested over £600 million in equipment and people to create one of the country's most technically advanced ports. We are now looking for motivated people to join as General Operatives.
- Participate in all aspects of cargo handling and store operations at Avonmouth and Royal Portbury Dock
- Operate mobile plant including front end loaders
- Opportunity to learn new skills, secure comprehensive training and progress your career
Skills and experience
- Experience, desirable not essential, operating mobile plant, including front end loaders and forklift trucks
- Enthusiastic, physically fit and willing to learn new skills
- A flexible attitude to commit to the demands of a busy Port
- Full clean driving licence and access to your own transport
You will be required to work day shifts on a Monday to Friday basis, with optional weekends available to be worked on a voluntary overtime basis.
Overtime payments will be made after 169.5 basic hours per month have been worked. Overtime is paid at time plus one quarter for the first 24 hours per month and time plus one half thereafter.
Salary and benefits
- £24, 173 per annum plus overtime and benefits
- 25 days holiday plus an additional 8 days for Bank Holidays
To apply, please contact our reception desk on 0117 982 0000 during office hours, or e-mail [email protected], and ask for an application form. Alternatively, the application form can be downloaded here.