General Operatives/Plant Operators
Closing: Thursday 30th September 2021
c£28,800 per annum plus overtime and benefits
Do you want to operate a wide range of equipment from fork-lift trucks to computer controlled cranes costing millions of pounds? Do you want to work for a company that’s known for giving people great careers? If you do then this is the job for you.
Since 1991 The Bristol Port Company has invested over £450 million in equipment and people to create one of the country’s most technically advanced ports. We are now looking for motivated people to join as General Operatives.
- You will participate in all aspects of cargo handling and store operations at Avonmouth and Royal Portbury Dock.
- You will have the experience and capability to operate mobile plant, including front end loaders and forklift trucks
- You will be enthusiastic, physically fit and willing to learn new skills
- You will have a full clean driving licence and your own transport
You must have a flexible attitude in order to meet the demands of a busy Port, which operates over 24 hours/7 days per week.
- Basic Salary: c£28,800 per annum
- Holidays: 25 days per annum, plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Profit related pay: A scheme currently operates which rewards all employees with a share of Company profits
- Company Pension Scheme
- Subsidised Canteens