Pilot Boat Deck Officer
Closing: Friday 2nd March 2018
We wish to recruit a Pilot Boat Deck Officer who will be based on the pilot vessel “Bristol Interceptor” at Barry, South Wales.
Duties will primarily be focused on providing a pilot transfer service on a shift system, carrying out training, exercises, planned maintenance and assisting the Pilot Boat Coxswain as required. The successful candidate will be expected to work towards being trained as a relief Pilot Boat Coxswain.
You will have the following:-
- RYA Yachtmaster certificate (commercially endorsed) or equivalent
- Pilot Boat experience desirable
- VHF certificate
- Knowledge of marine and port operations
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Commitment to a 24-hour shift system and shift cover
- Driving Licence
- Valid ENG1 or ML5 Medical certificate