Closing: Thursday 30th June 2022
£24,408 per annum (£12 per hour) plus overtime and benefits
Who are we?
The Bristol Port Company currently has 100,000 sq m of warehousing at Royal Portbury Dock which is used for handling paper, KLB, newsprint and tissue products arriving both in container and breakbulk form. We have also developed a sophisticated wine rack store of 11,000 sq m which is used as a National Distribution Centre for a major supplier. Every day can be different and you may occasionally have to support our very busy motor trade, driving motor vehicles on and off of vessels and between compounds and support other trades at the Port, which makes this role unique from other warehouse operative roles.
- Case picking
- Operating forklift trucks, counterbalance and reach trucks (full training will be provided)
- Support our very busy motor trade, driving motor vehicles on and off of vessels and between compounds
- You may have the opportunity to work on our other trades
Skills and experience
- Flexible attitude and willingness to commit to the busy demands of a Port
- A full driving license
- Previous experience operating forklift trucks, counterbalance and reach trucks, desirable but not essential
The basic working month comprises 169.5 hours. The Warehouse operates over 24 hours/7 days a week (including bank holidays) utilising completely flexible shifts of between 4 and 12 hours duration. The Company will endeavour to give as much notice of required shifts, but this may not always be possible.
Overtime payments will be made after 169.5 basic hours per month have been worked. Overtime is paid at time plus one quarter for the first 24 hours per month and time plus one half thereafter.
Salary and benefits
- £24,408 per annum (£12 per hour) plus overtime and benefits
- 25 days holiday plus an additional 8 days for Bank Holidays
To apply, please contact our reception desk on 0117 982 0000 during office hours, or e-mail [email protected], and ask for an application form. Alternatively, the application form can be downloaded here.