Terms and Conditions
First Corporate Shipping Ltd trading as The Bristol Port Company (“BPC”/“We”/“Us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
BPC is a data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998.
In particular, we may use information we hold about you for the purposes of providing you with our services and improving our site.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored or processed at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to [email protected]
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND COPYRIGHT
- This site and the content of its pages are the intellectual property and copyright material of First Corporate Shipping Ltd trading as The Bristol Port Company (BPC) and are protected by laws around the world. All BPC’s rights are reserved.
- No part of the BPC web pages may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose, or incorporated in any other work or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic or any other form without the express written permission of BPC.
- No part of the BPC web pages may be reproduced or transmitted to or stored in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system or in any other work or publication, whether in hard copy, electronic, digital or any other form without the express written permission of BPC.
- However, where permission is given, appropriate acknowledgement of the copyright owner is required where the material is re- published in any format.
USE OF THE WEBSITE
ACCESSING THE WEBSITE
- The site is available free of charge but we do not guarantee that it, or any content on it, will always be available or uninterrupted. Access to the site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue, change or remove access to all or any part of the site without notice and we will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must notify us promptly.
- We have the right at any time to disable any user identification code or password without notice, whether chosen by you or allocated by us.
- You must not misuse the BPC site by knowingly introducing material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the site, the server on which the site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the site. We will report any suspected breaches of the law to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
- Further, the information provided on the BPC web site is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation thereof or which may subject the supplier of the service available through this web site and its affiliates to any regulatory requirement within such jurisdiction or country.
NO WARRANTY OR RELIANCE
- BPC gives no warranties and makes no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy, quality, validity, timeliness, completeness or availability of any information contained in the BPC website and it should not be relied on. The use of this web site and any of its information is at your own risk, and BPC assumes no responsibility whatsoever in connection with such use.
- Any opinion, comments or information of any person made, given or distributed in or through this web site shall not be viewed as endorsed or agreed by BPC or representing BPC's opinion or intention. BPC particularly declares that if any person expresses opinion or comments or provides advice or information on any political, social, economic, business or investment matters or defames any person on this web site and causes losses to BPC, BPC reserves all the right to claim damages and/or apply for other legal remedies.
USE OF LINKS
- You may link to the site provided that it is fair and legal and does not affect BPC's reputation or take advantage of it. You must not link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on BPC's part where none exists. You must not establish a link to the site in any website that is not owned by you. The site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the site other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
THIRD PARTY LINKING
- Certain links in this site may lead to websites which are not connected with or under the control of BPC. When you activate any of these you will leave this web site. BPC has no control over and will accept no responsibility or liability in respect of the material on any third party website; any link is provided for your information only. BPC makes no guarantees or representations as to, and shall have no liability whatsoever for, any electronic content delivered by any third party site.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, BPC exclude all conditions, warranties, representations and other terms which might apply whether express or implied, and neither BPC or any of its shareholders directors or employees will be liable or have any responsibility for damages of any kind, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise, and whether direct, indirect, special, consequential or incidental, resulting from access or use of, or inability to access or use, this web site or any web sites or pages linked to this web site, including (without limitation) damages resulting from the act or omission of any third party, even if any member of BPC has been advised of the possibility thereof. This includes but is not limited to loss of profits, business interruption, opportunity, goodwill or reputation.
- Further, BPC will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by any technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment or other proprietary material due to your use of the site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- We may revise these terms at any time by amending this page so please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are binding on you.
- We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it and nor do we guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
- The site, its content, and these terms, disclaimers and exclusions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and you and we both submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales. If any provision of these terms, disclaimers and exclusions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
COPYRIGHT © The Bristol Port Company 2015. All rights reserved.